Tutorial: Deploying the toolkit¶
In this tutorial we deploy the Elastycloud toolkit so that you get access to logs, backups, your database, and administrative functions.
- You have to be a registered partner of Elastycloud.
- You need to have an account and be able to sign in to the Elastycloud Console.
- You need to have an existing deployment up and running.
- Sign in to the Elastycloud Console.
- Go to
Deploymentsin the menu.
- Find the deployment you want to deploy the toolkit for for and select it in the list.
- Near the top right corner of the page, press the
- Select the toolkit lifetime, and whether or not the IP restriction should be active. If the IP restriction is active, only the current IP is white-listed for toolkit access.
Launch toolkitin the dialog box.
- Once the toolkit is ready for use, you will be presented with an
Open toolkitbutton. Press it for access to the toolkit.
The toolkit will power down once the toolkit lifetime has passed. This lifetime can be extended, up to a limit, from within the toolkit interface, in the top right corner.
Disabling the IP restriction disables the white-listed access to the toolkit. This should only be done when it is strictly necessary.