While all stores are pre-configured to use our Mailgun account, it is highly recommended that you set up your own email handler.
You can do this for each store by using the Elastycloud_Smtp module.
- Sign in to the Magento administration interface for the store you want to configure.
- Navigate to
Stores ‣ Configuration ‣ Advanced ‣ System ‣ Email Settings
- Select SMTP as the provider, and fill in the necessary details.
See also: Email defaults
You cannot use port 25 for outgoing emails. Most email service providers support alternative ports like 2525.
Using the Elastycloud Mailgun account¶
Look for an SPF record for the domain you are using for transactional emails. Add
“include:mg.elastycloud.io” to the SPF record if it exists. Otherwise add a TXT-record with the value
“v=spf1 include:mg.elastycloud.io ~all”.
Using your own Mailgun account¶
At the time of writing, Mailgun offers a 3 month trial period to evaluate the service.
- Create a Mailgun account.
- Log in and add a domain.
- Go to your DNS service provider and add the required TXT records, and validate this through the Mailgun administration interface.
- Set an A record for your domain, pointing to the IP you were assigned by Mailgun.
- Locate your SMTP login and password in the Mailgun domain editing interface.
- Enter the details in the Elastycloud_Smtp module (
Stores ‣ Configuration ‣ Advanced ‣ System ‣ Email Settings). Provider="SMTP", port=2525, Auth type="Login" and Encryption="TLS".
Email setting defaults¶
|Encryption||None (the relay uses TLS towards Mailgun)|