Tutorial: Deploying a ready package¶
The goal of this tutorial is to deploy a new store, in the cloud, based on a package that is built beforehand by Elastycloud or created by you.
- Sign in to Console
- Go to
- Fill in the desired details according to Installation details
- Click Save Installation
- Go to
- Choose the installation you created above and fill in the desired details according to Deployment details.
- Click Save Deployment
- If all data is filled in correctly an installation will be triggered within a minute. To verify this you can go to and view the most resent item.
An “installation” is the top level entity for a specific website, you will normally have one installation for each of your customers. Every installation can then have any number of staging deployments, but only one “production” deployment.
- The name you use to identify your customer, this is only used internally in Console, and will show up on your invoice.
- Identifier key
- This is the real identifier of the installation, it has to be globally unique, and can not be changed after the installation is saved. This will also show up on your invoice.
- Defines the payment/subscription status of the installation. Note: this does not currently effect the deployments.
- Address Fields
- Currently only for your convenience. But a feature is planned to fill this information in Magento during the sites first installation.
A deployment is the entity that controls one specific Magento 2 Installation in the cloud. Here you define the type of deployment, and what code and version you want running.
- Choose the installation that you want the deployment to be associated with.
- Only for visual identification, and will be presented on your invoice. Leave blank for auto generated name
- Create domain
Short-cut for creating and assigning a domain to this deployment. Note: The first domain you assign to a deployment will forever be used as the admin-domain. So we suggest you use <customername>.your-company.com. See: Set up dns for your domain
This field is only visible for new deployments.
- Admin path
- Choose the path that the deployments admin use, it is recommended to leave this as default, since that is securely random
- Choose the type of deployment, Production or Testing. This defines how this deployment will be treated, and also helps you identify the important and non-important deployments. Note: You can maximum have one production deployment per installation. And you can not change this after creation.
- Choose the deployment profile to use
- Choose the package (source code) that you want this deployment to run on. The list include all packages that you have access to. That include all your own packages, and some that is maintained by us.
- Package Version
- Choose the version of the package you selected to deploy, or leave blank to get the current preferred stable version.
- Database Server
- Select the database server that should run your store. This can not be changed after creation
- Select the cluster where your store should be deployed. This can not be changed after creation
- Current State
- The state your deployment is currently in. This is only for information and can not be changed manually.